It’s not easy when you need to change. This past year, I have done mistakes that have cost me much and in the same time I have succeeded to take stunning pictures of my dear wedding couples. I have also shot sweet and lovely baby pictures. Every single client has been a blast! I love when I can see a growth in every area of my business. It’s so much fun!
I am now changing my prices. I have been discussing it with my fiancé, turned around, talking pros and cons, what to do, what to include, where do I see myself in 5 years?
2017 have taught me:
- You can’t include travel expenses in your wedding packages, you will not have money left to invest in education or equipment. You can’t learn or grow like you should do by doing that.
- You need to focus on what you love and what you want to give to your clients. You love preparation’s shoots, portraits, those beautiful ceremony pictures and the relaxed-we-are-married-now pictures-now-we-can-do-anything pictures.
- You live in another country so the demand is very different. You need to find your place in London. (Still working on that one)
- You have ditched the three hours wedding package, it has cost more money and time than it should have done.
- Believe in yourself. You have gone through too much to stop now. You love photography and you love people. You need to do what you love.
- Planning, step-by-step, be more focused and structured how to do stuff and when to do it.
- You want to give more. More of information, service, before the wedding, during the wedding and after the wedding. You want to give your clients the total wedding experience you can provide.
- Policy, have a clear policy who you are, what you offer, how you want to treat your clients and how you want to grow bigger and bigger every year.
- You are getting married, you are going through what your 20+ wedding couples have been through. How can you help your future clients with this life changing experience?
It’s already the second week of this new year! After a busy Christmas and a New Year I finally have my new prices.
This is how much wedding package used to be:
To book you paying 50% of the chosen wedding package.
3 hours – 100 pictures 760 pound
5 hours – 250 pictures 1100 pound
8 hours – 400 pictures 1600 pound
This included: travel expenses, hotel, pre-wedding photoshoots, wedding day, editing, planning etc.
This year looks like this:
To book you paying 50% of the chosen wedding package, this is a booking fee and I will book the travel and the hotel with this money (e-mailing the wedding couple of the best options for travel and hotel), save the receipts and that amount will be added for the second and last invoice.
5 hours – 300 pictures 1000 pound
8 hours – 500 pictures 1500 pound
10 hours – 800 pictures 1700 pound
This include: Pre-wedding photoshoot (when possible), wedding day, editing, planning, free e-book for your wedding and much more educated and equipped photographer.
This is not included: Travel expenses and hotel.
I’m not done with the wedding prices yet on the website, but I’m getting there. Working full-time and a long commute really does take a lot of me. And then planing for my own wedding with Cornel and trying to adjust being in London now. Busy life but oh so much fun!